I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School in Wellington, New Zealand. I am in Room 15 and a member of the amazing Huia Syndicate. My teacher is Stephanie Thompson.

Thursday, 30 May 2013

The majestic cross country

What a wonderful day I said to myself as the sun came out for the 2.5 km long cross country.Thinking about the cross country made my stomach drop because I was worried I wouldn't beat my score from what I did last year.When Mr smith called out year eights I knew It was our turn to show what I had got.First we warmed up and lined up on either number 1,2 or 3.I lined up on 2 because I'm between 1 and 3.The air horn went off and I was running for the front but as I was running I near lie tripped over in the scooter area because it was really crowded.I finished the block run in under 3 minutes and I was off up the hill,I could remember running past Mr Skip worth at the corner before the motorway bridge.

I was just about half way through the cross country at that point but I didn't stop and kept running until it was the last hill.I ran down the hill under the bridge and came 46 at the finish line,although I lost by 3 places from my place last year I was still happy of my achievement.I was so hot that I felt like I was in an oven turned up to 300 degrees.I had a big drink and saw all my friends.

I quite enjoyed the cross country but I would prefer it on grass because its softer on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve my learning.